My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Sunday, June 11, 2006

GMAT preparations

I decided to apply for my MBA only a couple of weeks ago. Since I plan to apply for R1 at all schools, I am considering taking the test in the last week of July. While this does not leave me with a lot of time to prepare for my GMAT, I don't think I need more than 8 weeks for it.

I started preparing with the Kaplan 800, and I was quite impressed with it. It also gave me a lot of confidence because the questions in that book are supposed to be the toughest possible ones and I was able to answer most of them. I took a couple of mock tests this week (Peterson's CAT):

Test 1 : 6/04/06 : 670 (Q : 50; V : 32) [Got into time trouble in quant]
Test 2 : 6/10/06 : 740 (Q : 50; V : 40) [Better time management; need to improve SC]

I am aiming for a 800. I realize that it is a very difficult score to achieve, but I am confident that I can do it. I took the GRE a few years ago and got perfect 800's in Quant and Verbal sections. GMAT isn't much tougher than the GRE, so I should be able to repeat my performance here :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger A said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:59 PM  
Blogger A said...

All the Best..FSM :-)

2:00 PM  
Blogger FSM said...

Scarecrow - thanks for your wishes!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home