My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Booking the test

1. When do I book the test? Should I fix the date now and prepare under a deadline, or should I book the earliest available date after I feel confident enough to take the test? I am in favor of the second option. I want the flexibility to be able to take the test as soon as I feel ready, and not have to wait in case I finish my preparations much before the G-day. I checked online, and there seems to be about a weeks lead time that is required for available test spots near my location. I also have a hard artificial deadline - July 31st. There is nothing magical about that date, it's just that I want to concentrate on other parts of my app from August.

2. Which day of the week do I take the test? I want to test on a Monday because I can relax and prepare myself mentally during the preceding two days. I don't want any work related issues distracting me. Marina had a different approach and it worked well for her.

3. What time of the day do I take the test? I am not a mornings person, so I will try to book as late in the day as possible. This is not so important for me though, and testing on a Monday will have higher priority.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rico's Mom said...

You know yourself best so you probably have a good handle on when you should book the test. Some people need that goal date but it seems like you have yourself together well enough to be able to schedule it when you're ready. Won't it be nice once this GMAT nonsense is out of the way and we can concentrate on apps! Good luck! And thanks for the kind words on my internship!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

I agree with the above comment. You know yourself best and you are the only one who can answer those questions. It is all about feeling comfortable and in the zone.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home