My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Saturday, July 01, 2006

vacation!

Hurray! I am taking a few days off and getting out of here. Bad weather has ruined my original plan of riding to NYC. I could still drive there, but it's so much more fun on a motorbike. So I am thinking of going up north, to Ontario. I have this strange obsession with the idea of circumnavigating lake Superior, so I will probably do that. There are some great scenic routes in that region with very little traffic.

I don't like the idea of planned vacations - I just ride as long as I want to, and stop over at the first decent motel when I get tired. I usually take the back roads and stop frequently at small towns and chat with the locals over lunch or coffee. They offer the best tips on great places to visit in the nearby region - those that you would not typically find in coffee table books. This also means that my plans are super-flexible. If the weather forecast for Ontario is not good, I will go to Chicago (west), or Smoky mountains (south). I have one tentative destination in each direction :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Forrest Gump said...

no planning is perfect planning ;)

12:56 AM  
Blogger Juggler said...

cool "plans"! :D

You can come back charged for your GMAT Prep!

7:46 AM  
Blogger atypical HBS said...

Hey FSM:

Glad to see you checked my blog. What schoolr's are you interested in applying to?

10:14 AM  
Blogger FSM said...

guymba - I am applying to Michigan and Stanford for sure, but the other choices will depend on my GMAT score.

3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home